About Little Flower
Little Flower Children and Family Services of New York is a not-for-profit charity serving children, families and developmentally disabled adults across New York City and Long Island. Our staff of over 600 people provides caring and professional services to nearly 2,000 people every year.
Since 1930, our agency has been committed to improving the lives and well being of those we serve by providing foster boarding home care, residential treatment care and where appropriate, adoption. Our work focuses on strengthening the family unit so that they can provide a safe, nurturing environment for raising children and to overcome a myriad of obstacles that threaten a child’s safety.
Little Flower, rooted in Catholic tradition and guided by the lives of Saint Therese Lisieux and Saint Peter Claver, transforms caring into action to deliver services, programs, and direction to improve the lives of children in crisis, families and adults with developmental disabilities.
Every day Little Flower strives to fulfill its mission to serve children in crisis and families and developmentally disabled adults in need. We are proud that we were able to accomplish the following in 2016:
- Managed the successful adoption of 52 children into new families
- Served 800 children in loving foster families
- Cared for 129 children in the Residential Treatment Center and Inner Lights Program
- Helped 177 children return to their own families
- Assisted 106 young adults beginning life on their own
- Provided preventative services to 18 teens in foster care
- Served 207 young adults in our Bridges to Health Program
- Helped 374 adults with developmental disabilities lead more rewarding lives
Who We Serve
Little Flower serves children in crisis, families and the developmentally disabled in New York City and across Long Island. Our programs and services are provided without discrimination of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, creed, age, national origin or citizenship status.