Assistant House Manager
General Statement of Duties
In conjunction with the Manager, the Assistant House Manager is responsible for the day to day operation of the McSharry Intermediate Care Facility (ICF); Ensuring the delivery of quality care to residents through the supervision of the Direct Care staff.
Responsibilities (include but limited to)
- Rotate Administrator on-call responsibilities with the Manager of their assigned house. This responsibility includes carrying a beeper and being available to respond to emergencies as needed.
- Responsible for staff scheduling.
- Ensures staff coverage for the program and medical appointments.
- Supervise Direct Care Counselors.
- Daily house checks to ensure that the ICF is safe, clean and functional.
- Ensure that active treatment schedules are followed and data collection is completed on a daily basis.
- Ensures that the scheduled daily routine is followed (i.e., recreation schedule).
- Participate in the team process of interviewing and hiring new employees.
- Attends annual, semi-annual and team meetings.
- Ensures that all Direct Care Staff time sheets are generated, checked and tabulated.
- Will assume Direct Care responsibilities as assigned.
- Reports to the ICF Manager
- Works collaboratively as an Interdisciplinary Team Member
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1 to 3 years experience working with the MR/DD population required.