Direct Care Worker
Little Flower is seeking On-Call/Per Diem Direct Care Workers for our Brooklyn ICF and Queens IRA’s.
Direct Care Workers are responsible for the overall care, safety, and well-being of the residents in care. Assists with their daily living activities. Ensures that goals and objectives are carried out for each of the residents to whom assigned.
Illustrative Examples of Work
- Dispenses medication if AMAP certified.
- Completes goals, programs, and tokens for assigned residents.
- Records daily data collection in clients record. Completes other charts, forms, and records as required.
- Depending on the shift assignment, may be required to prepare and supervise meals and assist in the housekeeping of the residence.
- May be required to wash, dry, and fold laundry.
- Depending on the shift assignment, may be required to assist the residents with their personal hygiene, including bathing and toileting. May be required to complete bed checks and ensure that the toileting schedule is adhered to during the night.
- May be required to assist in organizing, supervising, and participating in recreational activities.
- May be required to transport residents to doctors, recreational outings, etc.
- Performs related tasks as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Some knowledge of the methods and techniques of working with individuals with mental retardation and developmental disabilities.
- Thorough knowledge of appropriate restraint techniques.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to pass the required examination to become AMAP and SCIP certified.
- Ability to keep routine records and to make oral and written reports.
- Some experience in working with individuals with mental retardation and developmental disabilities.
- AMAP and SCIP certification is preferred
- New York State Driver’s License
Email resume and cover letter to Brooklynemail@example.com
Fax to Human Resources Department (718) 260-8863
Equal Opportunity Employer