Direct Care Worker
Little Flower is seeking Direct Care Worker’s to provide direct care for developmentally disabled adults residing in an Intermediate Care Facility (ICF) and Individual Residential Alternative (IRA) operated by the agency.
The Direct Care worker is responsible for the overall care, safety, and well-being of the residents in care. They assist with their daily living activities, and ensure that goals and objectives are carried out for each of the residents to whom assigned.
- Dispense medication, if AMAP certified (training provided at Little Flower).
- Complete goals, programs, and tokens for assigned residents.
- Record daily data collection in client’s record; completes other charts, forms and records as required.
- Depending on the shift assignment, may be required to prepare and supervise meals and assist in the housekeeping of the residence; wash, dry and fold laundry; assist the residents with their personal hygiene, including bathing and toileting; and to complete bed checks and ensure that the toileting schedule is adhered to during the night.
- Assist in organizing, supervising, and participating in recreational activities.
- May be required to transport residents to doctor’s appointments, recreational outings, etc.
- Must be able to work weekends.
- A valid New York State driver’s license.
- Some knowledge of the methods and techniques of working with individuals with mental retardation and developmental disabilities.
Various part-time and full-time shifts available.
To apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com.