Employment Specialist, Part-Time
PYA/Preparing Youth for Adulthood
One Year Grant Program
The role of the PYA Program’s Part-Time Employment Specialist will be to identify and assist youth in finding available community employment and training resources and help youth access them. They will also develop job leads in the private sector and work with businesses that are potential employers of discharged youth.
The newly created position will be tasked with creating and cultivating opportunities for youth to work and gain employment. Specifically:
- Cultivate and manage relationships private sector business owners, nonprofit agencies, and government offices to secure employment opportunities and internships for young adult participants.
- Identify job opportunities and internships that match the interest and skill-set of a diverse population of job seekers.
- Develop worksite mentorship opportunities for participants.
- Interview, screen and refer program participants for job interviews.
- Seek employer feedback and prepare program participants to meet employer expectations and workplace demands.
- Deliver workshops on resume writing, interviewing skills, money management, labor market trends, industry-specific career ladders, career exploration and pathways to professional growth.
- Track job placement outcomes, collect outcome documents and ensure that program goals are achieved.
- Organize job fairs and open houses to facilitate the linkage between job seekers and employers.
- Attend community meetings and conduct presentations of the program recruitment efforts.
- Travel and train program participants.
- Chaperone program participants to community events/activities.
Bachelor’s degree preferred or Associates degree with 2 years related experience in recruiting, staffing, and career coaching.
Good Written and oral communication skills.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department, attention: Germain Tillery at: Brooklynemail@example.com.