General Statement of Duties
Performs a wide variety of unskilled and semi-skilled manual work in assisting in the maintenance of the agency’s buildings and grounds; performs related work as required.
Distinguishing Features of the Class
Work often requires heavy lifting and is frequently performed under adverse weather conditions. Some assignments, including the use of hand tools and the operation of equipment, may require skills which may readily be learned on the job. Work is usually performed under the supervision of an employee of a higher classification, but many tasks may be routine and repetitive in nature, and once learned, can be carried out without difficulty and only under general supervision.
Illustrative Examples of Work
- Performs unskilled or semi-skilled work in assisting mechanics; carries tools and supplies to work areas; performs rough work in the trade area involved; cleans work area after completion of the job.
- Moves desks, file cabinets, and other furniture, equipment, and office supplies.
- May be required to assist in some groundskeeping tasks, such as the removal of snow.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Some knowledge of the tools and methods used in buildings and grounds maintenance.
- Ability to operate simple hand machinery, equipment, and tools.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Skilled in the operation of hand tools.
- Sufficient physical strength and ability to perform heavy manual labor, occasionally under adverse weather conditions.
High school diploma or equivalent experience required.
Click here to apply for this position.