Under general supervision, an employee in this class sets up and conducts orientation and training programs for casework and child care staff. The Trainer responsibilities include managing, designing, developing, coordinating and conducting large or small scale training programs. Assignments are received in the form of training assessments to conduct training courses. Works with some degree of independence in preparing for and conducting training sessions. Work is reviewed by the Director of Training through observation and through conferences and reports. Required travel to all sites to provide training. Required experience as a trainer in adult learning methods. Must have successfully designed, developed and trained programs for human services programs. Plan and develop compliance with regulatory mandated training requirements for all programs. Assists in the development of annual training schedules. The Trainer performs all relevant duties and projects as assigned.
- Mapping out training plans, designing and developing training programs for outsourced or in-house delivery with a focus on Sanctuary, TCI and SCIP training.
- Chooses the appropriate training methods per training assessment (simulations, mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes, etc)
- Conducts organization wide needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed.
- Assesses instructional effectiveness and summarizes evaluation reports determining the impact of training on employee skills and its affects KPIs.
- Partners with internal stakeholders and liaise with topic experts regarding instructional and course design.
- Reviews and transforms current training courses into E-learning programs that improves the learning curve.
- Direct, validate, and guide performance of subcontracted training courses and associated processes/actions to ensure all is accomplished in accordance with the contract, company policy and training processes and procedures. Evaluate Contractor instructor performance and compliance with training objectives, procedures, and technical requirements
- Develops and facilitates training models tailored to the needs of staff from a variety of disciplines.
- Delivers training in creative ways that engages participants in the learning process and is consistent with the seven commitments of Sanctuary
- Establishes and maintains successful relationships with stakeholders.
- Prepares and writes clear, concise, and accurate reports and maintain training records.
- Conducts research to identify training resources that deliver desired results cost effectively.
- Utilizes technology to present trainings, registration, tracking and generations of reports
- Proven work experience as a trainer, training facilitator or coordinating multiple training events.
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation.
- Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools.
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate).
- Familiarity with traditional and modern job training methods and techniques.
- MS Office proficiency.
- Advance organizational skills with ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Strong communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in education, communication, business administration, or a related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements.
- Minimum two years increasingly responsible training experience including one year of training experience in the Sanctuary Model required
This position is located in Wading River, NY and will require periodic travel to all LF offices, and any meetings in the region. A valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle are needed.
Click here to apply.