Little Flower Children and Family Services of New York held a dedication ceremony Saturday, November 1st to officially name the Wading River campus the Monsignor John T. Fagan Campus. During the day the organization celebrated its history and mission to provide critical programs and services to children, families and adults with developmental disabilities in New York City and across Long Island.
Little Flower began with its founder Monsignor Bernard Quinn, who in 1930 welcomed the first resident. With the guidance of Msgr. John T. Fagan during his 47 years, the organization flourished to be one of the largest and most respected agencies in New York. Little Flower has grown to include developmentally disabled adults and has been the home to thousands of children over the years. Since its inception the campus has developed to accommodate greater and varying services and programs to assist those in need.
The celebration included a dedication with distinguished guests including: Senator Kenneth P. LaValle and Riverhead Town Council member John Dunleavy. Everyone was invited to stay for refreshments and to attend mass in the campus chapel in honor of the agency’s history.
“This is a special day in Little Flower history—honoring one of our greater leaders, Father John, who was inspired by our founder, Msgr. Bernard Quinn; both men worked for change in the lives of the most vulnerable members of society. It is even more special because we are joined by several generations of the Fagan family who join us in celebrating the life and work of one of their own” said Executive Director, Grace G. Lo Grande.