About Little Flower
Little Flower Children and Family Services of New York is a not-for-profit charity serving children, families, and individuals with developmental disabilities across New York City and Long Island. Since 1930, Little Flower has been committed to improving the lives and well-being of the children, families, and people with developmental disabilities across NYC and Long Island so they can reach their full potential.
Our staff of over 600 people builds well-being by providing foster boarding home care, residential treatment care, adoption services, programs and services for individuals with developmental disabilities, and medical and mental health services.
Little Flower, rooted in Catholic tradition and guided by the lives of Saint Therese Lisieux and Saint Peter Claver, transforms caring into action to deliver services, programs, and direction to improve the lives of children in crisis, families, and adults with developmental disabilities.
Every day Little Flower strives to fulfill its mission to serve children and families weathering life storms and adults with developmental disabilities in need. We are proud that we were able to accomplish the following in 2019:
- Helped 45 children find their forever families through adoption
- Served 638 children in loving foster families
- Cared for 143 children in the Residential Treatment Center and Inner Lights Program
- Helped 238 children return to their own families
- Assisted 64 young adults to navigate aging out of foster care to begin life on their own
- Served 93 children in our Bridges to Health Program
- Assisted 414 children and families access critical health care through the Health Homes program
- Helped 359 adults with developmental disabilities lead more rewarding lives
Who We Serve
Little Flower serves children in crisis, families, and people with developmental disabilities in New York City and across Long Island. Our programs and services are provided without discrimination of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, creed, age, national origin or citizenship status.