About Little Flower
Little Flower Children and Family Services of New York is a not-for-profit charity serving children, families, and individuals with developmental disabilities across New York City and Long Island. Our staff of over 600 people provides caring and professional services to nearly 2,000 people every year.
Since 1930, our agency has been committed to improving the lives and well being of those we serve by providing foster boarding home care, residential treatment care and where appropriate, adoption as well as services for adults with developmental disabilities. Our work focuses on strengthening the family unit so that they can provide a safe, nurturing environment for raising children and to overcome a myriad of obstacles that threaten a child’s safety.
Little Flower, rooted in Catholic tradition and guided by the lives of Saint Therese Lisieux and Saint Peter Claver, transforms caring into action to deliver services, programs, and direction to improve the lives of children in crisis, families, and adults with developmental disabilities.
Every day Little Flower strives to fulfill its mission to serve children in crisis and families and adults with developmental disabilities in need. We are proud that we were able to accomplish the following in 2018:
- Managed the successful adoption of 28 children into new families
- Served 707 children in loving foster families
- Cared for 125 children in the Residential Treatment Center and Inner Lights Program
- Helped 206 children return to their own families
- Assisted 109 young adults aging out of foster care take the first steps to becoming self-sufficient adults
- Served 127 young adults in our Bridges to Health Program
- Assisted 278 children and families access critical health care through the Health Homes program
- Helped 363 adults with developmental disabilities lead more rewarding lives
Who We Serve
Little Flower serves children in crisis, families, and people with developmental disabilities in New York City and across Long Island. Our programs and services are provided without discrimination of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, creed, age, national origin or citizenship status.