About Little Flower
Little Flower Children and Family Services of New York is a human services nonprofit with a 92-year history of improving the well-being of children, families, and individuals with developmental disabilities across New York City and Long Island so they can reach their full potential.
Our staff of over 500 people builds well-being by providing foster boarding home care, residential treatment care, adoption services, programs and services for individuals with developmental disabilities, and medical and mental health services.
Little Flower transforms caring into action to deliver services, programs, and direction to improve the lives of children in crisis, families, and adults with developmental disabilities.
Every day Little Flower strives to fulfill its mission to serve children and families weathering life storms and adults with developmental disabilities in need. We are proud that we were able to accomplish the following in 2021, despite the challenges we faced due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our Little Flower heroes continued to serve to ensure the well-being of those we serve and:
- Helped 626 children and families access critical health care through the Health Homes program
- Served 554 children in loving foster families
- Reunited 223 children with their own families
- Cared for 131 children in the Residential Treatment Center and Inner Lights Program
- Helped 131 adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities lead more rewarding lives
- Helped 27 children find their forever families through adoption
- Assisted 13 young adults to navigate aging out of foster care to begin life on their own
Click here to learn more about our history of helping those in need reach their full potential.
In January 2019, Little Flower and St. John’s Residence for Boys entered into an affiliation agreement. St. John’s provides holistic and strength-based residential education, treatment, and care to young men in need to help them heal and improve their well-being and personal development with the goal of assisting them towards reunification with their families so they realize their own self-worth.
Click here to learn more about St. John’s and the affiliation.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Diversity. Equity. Inclusion. Belonging. At Little Flower, we believe these to be more than words. These are the values that guide our work and mission — it makes us who we are. Click here to learn more about our commitment to DEIB.
Connect with Little Flower