The New York State Department of Health (DOH) recently launched a new Medicaid program, Children’s Health Homes. A health home is not a physical place, but a care management model designed to help children get access to critical health care and other services that support their well-being.
Little Flower is a member of the Collaborative for Children and Families (CCF), a health home made up of over 35 child-serving agencies throughout NYC, Long Island, and Westchester. CCF has an extensive network of medical and behavioral health providers that have expertise in working with children and their families.
As part of CCF, Little Flower will offer a Care Management Program for children ages 0-21. If your child is eligible to join Little Flower’s Care Management Program, you and your family will have access to this broad network of providers and we will work with you to make sure your child gets timely access to important services.
Why Should I Join Little Flower’s Care Management Program?
We understand that each family is unique and each child needs supports tailored just for them. For this reason, we invite you and your child to enroll in our Care Management Program. You will be paired with a dedicated care coordinator who will work with you and your child to help manage all the necessary physical, behavioral, and social support services he or she needs. We will help schedule and manage appointments and, if necessary, help your family access support from new providers within the CCF network.
- Appointment Management: Your care manager will help manage appointments to make sure your child gets the care he or she needs.
- Personalized Plan: Your care manager will sit down with your family, listen to your needs, and create a care plan that works.
- Regular Touch-Points: Your care manager will talk with your family on a regular basis to see how things are going.
- Access to New Services: As part of CCF, Little Flower is a member of a large network of child-focused providers. Your care manager can help identify new services for your family’s benefit.
- Family Support: Provides ongoing support to you and your child.
- Care Management is free! If you qualify, Medicaid covers the cost.
How do I find out if my child is eligible?
Your child may be eligible to receive Health Home care if:
- They are an Active Medicaid Recipient
- They have Documented Diagnoses
- Two or more chronic conditions (e.g., Substance Use Disorder, Asthma, Diabetes) OR
- One single qualifying chronic condition:
- HIV/AIDS or
- Serious Mental Illness (SMI) (Adults) (referral only) or
- Serious Emotional Disturbance (SED)or
- Complex Trauma (Children)
- Sickle Cell (Children)
Lauren Mones, MSW
Administrative Director, Health Care Management and Services
email@example.com | 631-761-6700 ext. 6939