Little Flower offers two types of services to support the individual needs of children and families. Services are available to Medicaid eligible children that are in foster care or have a history of being in foster care and take place in the home or the community. Services are covered by regular Medicaid or a Medicaid Managed Care Plan at no cost to families, providing children ages 0-21 and their families the power to improve their health, well-being, and quality of life.
Children and Family Treatment Support Services
Therapy – Other Licensed Practitioner (OLP) services include assessments and therapy (individual, family, and group) for mental health and/or substance use needs.
Rehabilitation Services: Psychosocial Rehabilitation (PSR) and Community Psychiatric Supports and Treatment (CPST) provide the opportunity to incorporate therapy goals into everyday life. These services aid the building of relationships and improving communication with family, friends, and others as well as self-care strategies and coping skills to manage emotions.
Home and Community Based Services
Home and Community Based Services can accompany Care Coordination services for children already in the Health Home program. These can include:
- Caregiver and Family Support Services
- Prevocational Services
- Supported Employment Services
- Community Self-Advocacy Treatment and Support
- Provided locally: services take place in your home, in the community or on-site at Little Flower’s Flagship office
- Individualized plan: your service provider will sit down with your family, listen to your needs, and create a service plan specific to your child
- Consistent support: your service provider will meet with your child on a regular basis to encourage progress toward their goals
- Preventing a higher level of care: services are intended to reduce the need for emergency room visits or hospital stays
Is your child eligible?
If your child is Medicaid eligible and has a history of placement in foster care, speak to your Care Coordinator or give us a call to find out if our support services could benefit your child and family.
Lauren Mones, MSW
Administrative Director, Health Care Management and Services
email@example.com | 631-761-6700 ext. 6939