Little Flower Children & Family Services of New York
OMIG Compliance Plan Summary
The New York State Office of Medicaid Inspector General (“OMIG”) has issued regulations (the “Regulations”) requiring certain entities participating in New York’s Medicaid program to adopt an “effective compliance program.”
Little Flower Children & Family Services of New York is subject to these Regulations and had adopted an “effective compliance program.” Little Flower’s compliance program contains all of the following elements:
- Written compliance policies and procedures and a Code of Ethics that describes compliance expectations, implements the compliance program, and provides guidance on reporting and otherwise addressing complaince problems.
- A Compliance Officer who is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation of the compliance program. The Compliance Officer reports directly to the Executive Director and submits reports periodically to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Compliance training and education of all employees and persons associated with the organization, including Board Members, as part of initial orientation and periodically thereafter.
- A system for reporting compliance concerns to the Compliance Officer and through an alternative mechanism that permits anonymous reporting.
- Policies governing the discipling of employees for (i) engaging in non-compliant behavior, (ii) failing to report suspected problems or (iii) actively or passively encouraging, directing, facilitating or permitting non-compliant behavior.
- A system for identifying compliance risk areas, including internal audits and external audits as appropriate.
- A system for responding to compliance issues, including investigating potential problems, responding to problems identified in audits, taking corrective action, reporting appropriate matters to Medicaid or OMIG and refunding overpayments.
- A policy prohibiting retaliation or intimidation for participating in the compliance program, including reporting compliance concerns.
To access the entire OMIG Compliance Plan of Little Flower Children & Fmaily Services of New York, click the link below.